Friday, March 1, 2013

Cardiac arrests.





I decided to read a wikipedia entry about her life and death, as well as some articles and it is sad, but it doesn't seem that tragic.  It was an ill-twisted fate, to collapse and die;  and I mean most people who struggle with eating disorders (not saying she had one) if they die will sometimes die this way.  Just collapse with no pulse.  Obviously Murphy's death had different factors playing into it, but the fact is most of us purging and restricting and abusing have elevated chances of our heart just stopping.  

I have just started taking an online Physiology course and am just sort of starting to understand just how important electrolytes (especially sodium and potassium) are.  I have always known it's dangerous to have electrolyte imbalances, but it just never really sinks in or scares me, but it's these imbalances along with malnutrition, dehydration etc that will cause your heart to stop.  It's kinda sad really, and I wonder if it happened to me would they be able to tell I threw up and abused laxatives?

32 is a bit young, even for me.  I'd like to live to at least 38, although I don't know if I will. 

Death is one of those things that's hard to have control over.


No comments:

Post a Comment