Thursday, April 25, 2013

Open your eyes.

I think we all forget how to see; I mean see the world, not our view of the world itself.  You see the world is beautiful, even the ugly bits are beautiful.  Everything intertwines in such a beautiful, sometimes tragic way, but it's all meant to be.   You see, when I look at the people around me, I tend to see things others don't;  I see the beauty in everybody; I see the insecurities in some people and it brings out empathy; I see loneliness in that lady who takes the bus everyday;  I see innocence and love in the child and father walking down the street; I see desperation and a person breaking in the eyes of the homeless girl in the metro and my heartbreaks for her.  I see love, kindness, sadness; I see all of this and it makes me happy and sad all at once.   We must never forget to really look at people, because I could look and see people not as they are, but as my own feelings about them;  I could see that lady on the bus as a cranky, rude, crazy lady, but I don't because that is not her; she is a person, a human going through life and we must never forget that.   We must never forget we all feel and we all fall and each one of us can see something of ourselves in others; we must all care and we must all start to see instead of just look.

Sometimes all a person really needs is a smile or kind look from a stranger.  I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment